Each month, the girls and I would take a visit to the Library and take out a few books to bring home for the month, and we try to aim to reading one to two chapters of each book (or in Lexie-Anna's books, the entire book) per night at bedtime.
In August, they took out four books each, but one of Lacey-Beth's books was
Jacqueline Wilson - Rent a Bridesmaid.
As you can see above, she has borrowed it again this month. As it was such a big book, we unfortunately didn't get to finish it in August, despite us all enjoying it - so we're hoping to finish it this month.
Lacey-Beth has taken a keen interest in Jacqueline Wilson and Roald Dahl books at the moment.
So - this months Library borrows are:
- Roald Dahl - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Roald Dahl - The Twits
- Jacqueline Wilson - Rent a Bridesmaid
- Jacqueline Wilson - Cookie
- and The Black Crow Conspiracy by Christopher Edge
- Tony Ross - A little princess story: I want a boyfriend
- Polly Dunbar - Arthur's Dream Boat
- Julia Donaldson and David Roberts - The Flying Bath
- Tracey Corderoy and Joe Berger - Whizz Pop, Granny Stop
- and Ross Collins - My Amazing Dad
So tonight's reading started off with The Twits - an old favourite of mine from when I was in primary school. We read quite a few chapters, as we couldn't put it down, before both girls drifted over to sleep, so i'm assuming we will have it finished within the next night or two.
Do you and your children visit the library? What are a selection of your favourites to borrow? Suggestions welcome!
We love bedtime reading.