Friday 17 August 2018

A belated post | Our Spring Wedding


Oh my. I honestly didn't think it had been so long from I last blogged, BUT, a whole year, SERIOUSLY? 

I'm not even gonna lie, I hadn't even thought about returning to blogging again (well, it hadn't crossed my mind, as I did forget about my blog) until a friend reminded me today, and I popped on, but, seriously, I need to get a grip and stop disappearing from this wee online world of mine for long periods of time. 

So yeah, the last time I blogged, was a whole YEAR before my wedding, when planning was only really in the peak stages. 
Today? I am a married woman. We have now been married for four months.. FOUR MONTHS???  sorry, can I have a moment to process that myself? Where have those four months gone??? 

But yes! 
We got married on the 11th April 2018 - which as previously stated, was the anniversary of the day our Angel Baby was due to be born. 

To be honest, everything that could have possibly went wrong... went wrong! I'm not even kidding.  The day before the wedding, we were packing all the GLASS dome centrepieces into a box to be delivered to the venue, and one fell - and smashed.
Our youngest daughter Lexie-Anna, came down with a vomit and diarrhoea bug, with a high temperature, which lasted the entire day - she was our flowergirl, wearing a white dress! THANKFULLY, someone was looking down upon us that day - nah, my hairdresser is a mummy of three boys and came to the rescue with diorlyte, which seemed to prevent the vomiting and diarrhoea for the day, woohoo!!!  She still had a temperature throughout the day so was a bit mardy, but we survived it. 

When I arrived at the venue, walking down the aisle, FIRSTLY I notice that there was a few unexpected guests had turned up, without RSVP'ing - so off course, I started to freak out - there was no meal for them. They didn't stay for the meal though, they had only arrived for the ceramony!  

Secondly - I practically dragged my dad down the aisle, accidentally off course, nerves completely overtook me, so I pretty much ran down to David. 
Then, when I reached David, I only go and trip over my own bloody feet - and stood there secretly hoping no-one else noticed, though I am certain everyone did! 

However - apart from the few mishaps, everything went AMAZINGLY! 

I had a fantastic day from start to finish, and couldn't have possibly wished for a more perfect day. 


GETTING READY PROCESS

I stayed over the night before in my parents house, whilst David and my Brother who was man of honour stayed at our house. 
The morning of the wedding - I woke up, we had to be up so early - not that I done much sleeping, not due to nerves, because I was so calm, surprisingly, but due to Lexie-Anna being unwell. 

My bridesmaids arrived, parents got up, and the makeup artist and hairdressers arrived. 
Mum whipped up bacon and sausage baps for everyone, the kids played on their tablets, while we all enjoyed being fussed and pampered over. 













 BOYS GETTING READY!

So, obviously, I don't know what all happened during the men's getting ready process. I know the groom, man of honour, father of the groom, both ushers, photographer, and the bridesmaids partners all went out for breakfast to a restaurant - but what happened when they returned is unknown lol, but here's a couple of snaps the photographer picked up. 




THE WEDDING!

We got hitched at 3pm sharp - I walked down the aisle to Christina Perri - A Thousand Years playing as my background music. I can still remember seeing David for the first time, and how handsome he looked in his suit, smiling away. He didn't look at all nervous, whilst I was a bag of nerves. 

The registrar was lovely, so accommodating. 
We had our daughters as not only our Flower Girls, but as our Ring Bearers aswell. They looked stunningly beautiful, I don't think I've ever laid eyes on more beautiful flower girls. 

The ceremony went well, it was a lovely service, very simple and kept basic, but lovely all the same. The girls gave our family and friends a good giggle, when they covered their eyes when the registrar pronounced us man and wife, and we kissed, I don't think they'll ever get over the fact mummy kissed daddy! 

We then moved to the terrace for photographs, then downstairs to the front foyer, and then the wedding party went down by the river to do a miniature balloon release in memory of  our Angel Baby, which didn't go to plan, considering some balloons got caught in a tree, and after the usher spent ages trying to fetch them down again, they were finally released without anymore problems, and it was just beautiful, a lovely memory! 

We went in for a three course dinner then, and the room was absolutely stunning, I was gobsmacked when I seen it. We had went for a cadbury purple and silver colour with a beauty and the beast theme. This was rather difficult to plan and do, as beauty and the beast items or merch tend to come in reds and yellows, so trying to do it in my own colours was difficult, but we succeeded and seeing everything set out around the room, the decor, the centrepieces, the fairylight backdrop... the cake! Everything was spectacular!  It was like something from a fairytale, if not better. I loved it, and couldn't thank the staff enough. 

The meal was delicious, so nice, everyone complimented it. Then the evenings entertainment for the reception arrived. Our D.J was outstanding. 
We had our first dance to Ariana Grande Feat John Legend - Tale as old as Time from the new Beauty and the Beast 2017 movie. It was perfect, and I couldn't have picked a better song to have our first dance to, and tie in with our theme. 

Then dad and I had our first dance together and probably our last, as even though Dad and I are close, dancing most certainly isn't either of our things lol. Dad chose our song though, he picked Butterfly Kisses, and it was also perfect. Really summed Dad and I up, I was always a daddys girl and probably always will be. 

The night went on, and everyone had a ball. It was perfect. Drinks were flowing, the bar actually ran out of beer thats how much everyone was enjoying the drinks lol. The Dj had everyone up dancing, the kids were all being incredible. 
Then, my usher and big cousin, who is more like an older brother, surprised me by bringing his partner (or not girlfriend) as they say lol, over from England for the evening reception! Was the icing on top of a fantastic day, was the first time i'd met her, after chatting with her for a few weeks online, and it was lovely. 

After the party was slowly coming to an end, David and I kissed goodbye to our girls as my mum took them home for the night, and we shot off to spend the night in the MillBrook Hotel, a lovely and generous gift from my Uncle and his Wife. 
We had a lovely night, and as I have typed this, I'm getting wedding day blues. 

Can you renew your vows after a year? Haha. 

















 photo Collage_zpsnyzjigdb.jpg
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment